The COPE Line Assistant provides mental health support and crisis intervention to individuals calling the COPE Line. This emotional support line serves individuals who reach out for assistance with various challenges related to mental health, addiction/recovery concerns, and other life stressors. The COPE Line Assistant is able to implement basic to advanced counselling skills with callers, including stress reduction through coping skills, brief problem-solving processes and/or service referrals, with the overall goal of improving caller outcomes. Through collaboration with staff, this role also affords an opportunity to train and model these skills to active COPE Line volunteers and to take a coaching role in their ongoing development.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
• Ability to communicate professionally & accurately, both orally and written
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+ identities
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, or related field
• Pre-employment background check
• Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
• Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
The Difference Principle Inc.
205 West Highland Avenue, Suite 509
Milwaukee, WI 53203